Tuesday, July 26

Gifts in a jar!

I was looking up some DIY gifts this morning (my goal is to do all DIY for the holidays) and I found some really cute gifts in a jar!


This is a lemon hand scrub great for crafty relatives or friends! It's really inexpensive and easy to make. You can even use a jar from an empty jelly container or salsa, etc.


I also LOVE baking and think a jar like this is super cute!! I think I would make a sheet cake then cut it into circles and layer with frosting, different colors would be really cute!


And not COMPLETELY "in a jar" but close enough, I think terrariums are really cute! I think my grandma would really like one (plus she loves gnomes!)

I also just realized how many times I said "cute"---!

You can click-through each of the photos for directions. :)


I'm compiling a list of ideas like recipe cards, photo frames, etc. I think it'd be really fun to put together some gift baskets with fun diy-friendly gifts--some things useful and then some just really nice and pampering (like the hand scrub). Last year a simple gift I made was a whole bunch of lady bug magnets for my grandma's fridge. You can find magnets at your local craft store for really cheap. The possibilities are endless!

Have you made any DIY gifts?

Kristi(E)

3 comments:

  1. i need to do this this holiday season, i tend to spend waaay too much on gifts. I've seen something about a cupcake in a jar that'd be cool to try too. :) come christmastime, we will send each other our diy gifts :D hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I like the gnome in the terrarium. :)

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments :)