Wednesday, June 23

There's vegans, veganistas, kristies, and me: the veganistie :D

Well, here we have it. I suppose this adventure begins with the first time I watched the film Julie & Julia. What a great idea, blogging about food-- (one of my favorite things). I happened to walk into the breakroom the other day and this movie was playing. A few moments later it hit me... I should do something similar--perhaps take a similar cookbook and veganize it!! I always get asked how I eat, what I eat, where I receive this or that (protein, calcium, etc.) and people are always shocked when I tell them what I had for dinner... "Vegan sloppy joes?? How does that work?" Well, here I am.. to not only tell you but SHOW you exactly how that (and yes, a whole lot more) works. Now, I must admit that I am a bit busy... work + school + internship + living outside of my parent's house does not always provide me with as much money or time as I would like. However, I am here to prove that going vegan can be both cheap and delicious. There will be the 5 minute meals (yes, like the vegan sloppy joes) but I promise to throw a few curve balls along the way. If I eat it, it will be in this blog. . . and there will be pictures.

Since payday is Friday (and this is Wednesday morning), tonight I'm going to throw together whatever I can find in my house...bare with me :) For lunch today I had leftover Thai -- pad thai tofu (no egg) with a side of peanut sauce. DELICIOUS! I honestly drag my boyfriend there 1+ times a week and yes, the waiter knows my order by heart. SO!

Pictures tonight..what am I gonna make?

1 comment:

  1. I think this is going to be great... Good Idea...lol Cant wait to see what you come up with... Happy Eating!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments :)