Saturday, July 24

..because it's not just a bite.

I am just terrible at blogging!! It's been a good two weeks. I always have such great blogging intentions but I don't really like writing unless it's 3AM and I'm home alone. Being awake at 3AM and by myself is not going to happen...so my body must adjust!! I randomly send really crappy phone pics to facebook but I will update you with what has been my quickest/tastiest find this week. *drumroll..............*


voila!! I call them 'bagel chomps'... get it? (bagel bites...but theyre' really big. The name has already grown on me and rolls freely off my tongue whenever I am making them. I use everything bagels, some kinda dairy-free fancy spaghetti sauce I found at the grocery store (forget the name..it started with a 'b'?) and DAIYA cheese...which is amazing and actually melts (I could have melted it more but I am extremely impatient and 1) don't cook things long enough and 2) eat things when they are extremely hot and burn my mouth. I can't help it, I love food!! These were honestly delicious, though. Daiya has a pretty strong flavor so you don't even need that much.. and the sauce was like basil and garlic so that added to it as well.

I used to use "parma" but I can't find it anywhere around here. I get Daiya down in Tampa. The best thing is it's dairy, gluten, and soy free! So my Mom can eat it, too :) (she does the gluten-free thing.)

Other vegan updates:
Toms Shoes added two new vegan wrap boot colors! Olive and ash! Still haven't decided which color to splurge on.

I've also gone on questioning what "caranauba wax" is. Well, it's vegan!
"Carnauba, also called Brazil wax and palm wax, is a wax of the leaves of the palm, Copernicia prunifera, a plant native to and grown only in the northeastern Brazilian states of Piauí, Ceará, and Rio Grande do Norte.[1] It is known as "queen of waxes"[2] and usually comes in the form of hard yellow-brown flakes. It is obtained from the leaves of the carnauba palm by collecting them, beating them to loosen the wax, then refining and bleaching the wax."

So Frances and whomever she is with (Ian/Emily? just Emily?) are coming over. We might make vegan whipped cream! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments :)