Tuesday, December 28

Two days off!

Wow, so I actually have two days off in a row!! It's amazing. I'm going to spend them tidying up the house so that I can relax once school starts. I will post pictures of anything interesting I come up with! I also need to trade coffee tables with my dad and then paint the ones I'm keeping. It has three glass panes on the top and I was thinking of creating some kind of collage from underneath. Thinking of going with black for the rest of it since my old bedroom and IKEA furniture are all black. Even though the kitchen needs the most work, I'm gonna do living room, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, (the 2nd bedroom is still full of boxes >.<). Although I'm not sure if I can really clean the living room without having the 2nd bedroom to separate things into.

January 1st I will be doing some SERIOUS blogging as it is one of my New Year's Resolutions..oh! Here's the list:



1. Stop biting my nails. Which means I'm totally getting it out of my system right now... To do this I will need to religiously paint them..and when the paint starts chipping, take it off and paint them again.

2.Make menus. This will help me with my whole blogging/cooking thing as well as being able to spend less on food with my fourteen trips a week to the grocery store/restaurants/etc.

3. Blog once a day. I'll start with themes to help me stay on track and to go along with my other goals... So far I have "Movie Mondays" which will help me turn in my Netflix movies.. "Tasty Tuesday" to go with my whole cooking thing.. "Wake Up Wednesday" crazy stuff going on in the world since I AM allegedly going to school for Political Science... "Thirsty Thursdays" because I'm getting a blender for Christmas (*fingers crossed*) and am going to make tons of awesome drinks... "Fashion Fridays" where I'll dive into my ever expanding yet boring wardrobe which will help me to NOT buy new clothes and to rework the ones I already have... then Saturday and Sunday I've yet to come up with or will be "whatever" posts...who knows...*maybe a band review on Saturdays to help with #14

4. So yeah, Don't buy new clothes!! (and other things I don't need). Which will help with the blogging as well as the:

5. Get rid of student loan debt!! (Or at least get it under $2000 which I can easily make up after graduating before the whole "accumulating interest" kicks in.

6. Hold a yardsale in the Spring!! Pretty self explanatory..help with the aforementioned as well as:

7. Clean the house!!! But I mean, really clean it. Get rid of everything we don't need/use or upcycle/recycle it into something new...including this broken television.

8. Read textbooks. Again, self explanatory..I just don't do this.

9. Keep my car clean. It's always a mess and noone can ever fit in it (maybe I like this).

10. Cut out soda! (and other random things I shouldn't be eating/drinking..except Taco Bell, I can't get rid of you.)

11. Have an awesome SPEAK semester! SPEAK (Students Protecting the Environment & Animals thru Knowledge) is my student on-campus group.

12. Workout regime! Pronto. and I'll make Stephanie go with me!

13. Get a tattoo!

14. Learn a new song on guitar every week. That's 52 songs by 2012 :)

Hefty list but I'm gonna try!!
-Kristie

3 comments:

  1. I used my rare and miraculous time off to tidy up the house as well! We share many resolutions in common :) I kept my "official list" simple so I won't overload, though.

    I shall follow you blog for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're also going to be sharing resolutions in common! We can work out too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ van, I am incapable of keeping things simple! I just can't operate that way haha.

    @ alexis I know, tennis soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments :)