Tuesday, December 7

Vegan No Bake Cookies!!!

Guess what, the semester's almost over. That means I'm seriously (seriously) even though my own boyfriend doesn't believe me seriously going to do this blog!! Look, I'm going to start right now. I've been trying to research really HEALTHY eating but am CRAVING some dessert foods.. I decided to look up no-bake cookies when I realized that I have a BUNCH of oatmeal leftover from a previous roommate. (I HATE oatmeal but I LOVE oatmeal cookies.)

So, I found this simple, vegan, no bake (I just used a microwave for the whole heating thing) cookie recipe on this vegan forum. Thanks!



No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

2 tablespoons of E.B. or another butter substitute
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup soy milk
dash salt
1 tsp. pure vanilla
1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter (optional: add more to taste and increase the oatmeal) - I personally used soynut butter - but any nut butter will do.
1 1/2 cups UNCOOKED oatmeal
-heat butter until the butter is melted. Add 1/4 cup cocoa and blend until the cocoa is dissolved into the butter.
-Add the sugar, milk and salt. Blend well.
-bring ingredients to a full boil. You want a full boil, but because it will continue to cook for awhile once it's removed from heat, heating it too long can cause the mixture to scorch.)
-Add the vanilla, peanut butter and oatmeal. Stir well. Drop by tablespoon-full on waxed paper and allow to cool.

They are absolutely delicious!! I used vanilla soymilk (maybe this helped since I didn't actually have any vanilla but I use it for everything, even mashed potatoes.) As an added sweetener, I poured in some agave nectar. I used my new favorite earth balance soy-free butter and tahini nut butter instead of peanutbutter (which I happened to be out of). I probably used at least 4 times the peanutbutter it called for.. it helps make them thicker plus I am a huge fan!!! Try them out, delicious :D

p.s. makes more than shown above but i'm currently chowing down on the rest of the mixture. I would also usually use almond milk but my grocery store was out--but that would make them soy free as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments :)