Wednesday, May 18

I'm here! I'm here!


We have been doing some MAJOR Spring? Summer? well, CLEANING around this house!! Rearranged the living room so we could fit our bikes in here, rearranged the bedroom, cleaned up the bathroom (ever increasing amount of stuff under the sink), scrubbed down the kitchen, etc. I am also getting rid of BOXES of clothes. I really don't know how I came into ownership of so much stuff!! Most of it is from years ago and I just never got rid of it. I've been much pickier with my purchases as I get older and money gets tighter but that has totally worked in my favor. No more of those wear once and then shove in the back of the closet shirts. I've also been sewing up the clothes I DO want but don't wear because they're too big. I'll post some pictures of those on here soon.

Yesterday I made these oat-based veggie patties from a packet:


You just added water, formed them into patties and cooked. They were VERY seasoned but when eaten with the fresh lettuce, avocado, and tomato, they were very tasty! I also used the rest of the avocado to make some guacamole. My new favorite add-in is Taco Bell's Verde sauce!! That way I don't have to have lime on hand and just throw it in! Perfect.

We also recently went to Gainesville (Rock City) to see Crass's "Last Supper" Tour. It was really awesome. The chick they got to sing the female-led songs was totally rad. Went to Karma Cream (twice, of course):


How cute! I always see these at Whole Foods but they're never vegan!! Little chocolate cup with mocha mousse inside, etc. Delicious!! And, TOFURKEY RUBENS! These were amazing. Who knew I'd eat sauerkraut?


Gonna make some tea and scoot on over to work. What a waste of a Saturday!!
Hope your weekend is free of w-o-r-k.

Kristi(E)

3 comments:

  1. that sandwich looks so yummy! Do have any good vegan oatmeal cookie recipes? Mine always fall apart. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do!! A non-vegan friend of mine made awesome ones and of course, the recipe is missing from my recipe shelf!! (Yes, I have one of those) but I can for now link you to a recipe from "Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar." Isa Chandra Moskowitz is my favorite chef and her cookbooks never lead me astray! Here: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/espresso-chip-oatmeal-cookies-vegan-cookies-invade-isa-chandra-moskowitz/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments :)