Saturday, June 18

Forks Over Knives + Whole Foods

Yesterday we went into Tampa to see this film:

It was really inspiring! The website has a good trailer but basically, it followed two doctors who had grown up on farms but after becoming doctors and doing the research, advocate a plant-based, vegan diet with astounding results for patients suffering from various diseases. There are also two other really awesome doctors who take patients grocery shopping, show you how to prepare meals, everything! They also show a large-scale study on populations showing correlation between the intake of animal-based protein and an increase in cancer and other fatal diseases.

So afterwards, of course, we went to Whole Foods and spent $150 on food. Well, we got a TON of food and I don't live near Whole Foods so I stocked up on lots of things like rice (I say rice 'cause I got about five different flavors/types) and vegan cheese (they had the new Daiya Pepperjack!!) and my favorite ever Mango Lemonade, not to mention this delicious pizza:

Daiya mozarella, spinach, mushrooms

and strawberry sorbet! YUM!


I was in Whole Foods Heaven and we now have enough food for the next two weeks. Marc found vegan fish sticks...I could never ever eat seafood but he is very excited.

Do you live near a Whole Foods? It's an amazing store.

Kristi(E)

1 comment:

  1. I want to see this documentary SOOOOO bad!!! I didn't take advantage of it when it was in Chicago and now it's gone :/
    I live about 45 mins from Chicago, so that's the nearest Whole Foods, we don't go often but when we do we spend a lot too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments :)