Tuesday, June 14

What are friends for?

Every now and then, my totally awesome friend Frances comes over and cooks for us! This week we made goulash. When I was little, my grandma always used to make "goulash" but hers was elbow noodles, gravy, and beef. Most other goulashes I've seen are more tomato sauce-based. Not sure about the different origins. My grandmother is German so perhaps that has something to do with it?? Not sure.


The recipe was really simple and kinda like a chili. Tofu crumbles, diced tomatoes, tomato puree, onions and garlic (you saute those before mixing in everything else), and some spices. The recipe we used called for a bit of oregano and paprika. Basically just cook that all in a pot and serve over your choice of noodle. Really simple and tasty pasta dish.

Do any of your friends like to cook? I'm definitely more motivated when there is an extra pair of hands in the kitchen.

Kristi(E)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments :)