Monday, January 31

GINGER BROCCOLI!!

Seriously awesome.


Okay: This journey began as a ginger broccoli thing. I decided to also make mushrooms (we had some to use up, Marc loves them but I'm not REALLY a fan (peppers woulda been way better!).. tempeh and brown rice. and Sesame Seeds!!! (they were a little pricy but I had to have them. I could only find them in with the "fancy" spices but I'm sure you could find them cheaper somewhere else)

Anyways, olive oil in a pan with a sprinkle of garlic (fresh if you have it though!) and I put about a teaspoon of ginger powder in the pan and let it warm up. Then I threw in the broccoli and mushrooms til they fried a little and softened. I used fresh broccoli and mushrooms. Next, threw in some tempeh (the big block kind that you cut yourself..the only other flavor they had today was something weird like bacon, I wasn't putting that in here. I let that cook, added another dash of olive oil and teaspoon of ginger for the tempeh to try to soak up. Then I added a bit of cornstarch mixed w/ cold water (maybe a tablespoon) so the sauce would thicken a bit. Cooked up the brown rice, topped with sesame seeds! Voila!

There is this asian tofu bowl at USF that I can't eat now that I'm vegan and it really disappointed me (they use egg in the ingredients) but this tastes JUST as good!!! And I can make it myself for much cheaper. Really excited for this. It's a keeper.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments :)