Monday, January 10

BACK TO SCHOOL!

Two days off just isn't enough. What's the deal with this work thing anyways?

Saturday we went to St. Pete for the Saturday Morning Market. They have tons of fruits and vegetables and local crafts, etc. We got a bonsai.. it's supposed to bring luck (monetary luck?) That'd be nice. Then we went around to a few thrift stores. I got a glass jar with little limes and stuff all over it (sort of vintagey) to put my juice in when I make it as well as one of those "soup cups" the big, short ones. It's a Campbell's soup soup cup. Marc spent all of his money on vinyls. Then we found this really nice raw vegan restaurant (how had I never known about this?) right on Central Avenue called Leafy Greens.


pizza!


icecream!


cobbler!


Sunday we slept in, did some stuff around the house, and then went to Tampa to meet up with PETA. They will be on campus the next three days promoting Meatless Mondays-more vegan options on campus menus Mondays which will hopefully lead to better menu options overall (not just veggie patties). Then me, Marc, Kristi, and David went to MELLOW MUSHROOM, the raddest pizza place.

Then I came home and started in on my planner for the semester. No more slacking!! I have a serious schedule planned out of when to do all the reading for my classes so I don't get burnt out. The bulk of the work really is reading.

SNOOZE ALERT!!! School-related stuff just to get it all set in my head..

Political Theory: Yet to post syllabus but there are FIVE-HUGE-BOOKS. Luckily I have a friend who took it before and said it isn't too awful, but she's way better at reading (for school) than I am. I think it's one paper, quizzes, and two exams?
Cultural Anthropology: Reading w/ online quiz each week. There are three exams (non-cumulative) as well as two assignments. The assignments are actually pretty cool. The first one deals with cultural conditioning of what foods people think it's okay to eat (cow tongue, insects, other 'oddities' to America) but all-in-all I think it will make for a really good project (considering my veganism) and I already have someone to interview!! A coworker from Columbia who picked up my 'list of 20 food items to pick from' and has eaten quite a few of them in various dishes. So I need to find one more person to interview. Then the 2nd project is comparing two novels we have to read for the class.
International Organizations: I'm taking this with Alexis (the friend from earlier, not coworker but who took Pol Theory) and I am soooo excited!!!! This class consists of reading (it's two days a week and Tuesday is a lecture with discussions on Thursdays so reading is a MUST). Then there are two exams (the last of which is cumulative *gulp*) in essay format.. as well as one paper.
Female Experience in America (post-colonial era): Reading with an online quiz each week, two short response papers, and an art project.
Women, Gender, and Environment: Think ecofeminism!! Right up my alley! Weekly reading, discussion posts, and a short "book blog" about the five different books we are reading. Then there are two reflection papers and another art project!!

I really am excited to do the two different art projects. Creativity for a grade!!
So there we have it and the next four months will be devoted to school, SPEAK (my animal rights group), some random working, and hopefully some weekend time off.

Mondays I will read for International Organizations,
Tuesdays I have class from 12:30-4:45 and will also do the work for the two Women's Studies classes (they're online),
Wednesdays I will read for Political Theory,
Thursdays I have class from 12:30-4:45, SPEAK meetings at 6-7PM and will do all of my anthropology homework.
Then Friday, Saturday, Sunday I will hopefully have at least ONE of those days off from work to just 'chill.' ha.
I'm trying to have a very rigorous Monday-Thursdays so that I can relax on the weekends, a bit. We'll see how that works out, though.


Oh!!! and I haven't bit my nails!!


Have a great week!
-Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments :)